REAL Kids Alberta
The Raising healthy Eating and Active Living Kids Alberta (REAL Kids Alberta) evaluation is a joint project of the School of Public Health, University of Alberta and Alberta Health. The intent of this evaluation is to assess the impact of Alberta Health's Healthy Weights Initiative and to provide some measurable behavioural and health outcomes for children in Alberta. For information on the Healthy Weights programs, go to: www.healthyalberta.com
This evaluation will help us answer questions such as:
- How aware are parents and students of healthy eating and active living initiatives supported by Alberta Health?
- What do Alberta children know about the importance of healthy living?
- What are the eating habits and lifestyles of Grade 5 children in Alberta?
- What can we do to improve the health of children and youth in Alberta?
- What can schools do to improve the health and learning of children in Alberta?
New article added to Publications