REAL Kids Alberta
The Raising healthy Eating and Active Living Kids Alberta (REAL Kids Alberta) evaluation is a joint project of the School of Public Health, University of Alberta and Alberta Health. The intent of this evaluation is to assess the impact of Alberta Health's Healthy Weights Initiative and to provide some measurable behavioural and health outcomes for children in Alberta. For information on the Healthy Weights programs, go to: www.healthyalberta.com
This evaluation will help us answer questions such as:
- How aware are parents and students of healthy eating and active living initiatives supported by Alberta Health?
- What do Alberta children know about the importance of healthy living?
- What are the eating habits and lifestyles of Grade 5 children in Alberta?
- What can we do to improve the health of children and youth in Alberta?
- What can schools do to improve the health and learning of children in Alberta?
New resource from the 2014 data collection:
Please visit the 'Research' tab for updated results from the 2014 REAL Kids Alberta Evaluation.
Another year of data collection and entry complete! Thank you to all of the students, teachers and principals who participated in 2014! Thank you as well to all of the Evaluation Assistants who travel across Alberta to visit each school and collect this important data.
New article added to Publications