REAL Kids Alberta
The Raising healthy Eating and Active Living Kids Alberta (REAL Kids Alberta) evaluation is a joint project of the School of Public Health, University of Alberta and Alberta Health. The intent of this evaluation is to assess the impact of Alberta Health's Healthy Weights Initiative and to provide some measurable behavioural and health outcomes for children in Alberta. For information on the Healthy Weights programs, go to: www.healthyalberta.com
This evaluation will help us answer questions such as:
- How aware are parents and students of healthy eating and active living initiatives supported by Alberta Health?
- What do Alberta children know about the importance of healthy living?
- What are the eating habits and lifestyles of Grade 5 children in Alberta?
- What can we do to improve the health of children and youth in Alberta?
- What can schools do to improve the health and learning of children in Alberta?
June 26, 2012
New article added to Publications
June 22, 2012
REAL Kids Alberta has wrapped up the 2012 data collection season with its last school visit today. Thank you to all the students, teachers and principals who participated this year. Your participation makes a significant contribution to improving the health of kids.
And a special thanks to the Evaluation Assistants who traveled across this great province to visit each school.